Re: Automake and dejagnu's site.exp file

From: Bernd Jendrissek
Subject: Re: Automake and dejagnu's site.exp file
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:57:48 +0200

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 2:23 PM, NightStrike <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Why is there no way to add things to the site.exp file?  For instance,
>  site.exp currently makes no use of the $sysroot variable set by
>  configure's "--with-sysroot" in binutils.  If site.exp is not supposed
>  to be touched, how is adding things like $sysroot to a test
>  accomplished?

How exactly do you want to expose $sysroot to your testsuite?  I once
had to teach automake to recognize RUNTESTSRCDIR so that my
non-recursive makefile would do the right thing on "make check".  Grep
the web for RUNTESTSRCDIR if that sounds like something useful to you.

How about this (I'm guessing about what you need...):

$ cat >tests/lib/sysroot.exp.in <<EOF
set sysroot "@SYSROOT@"
EOF

then add AC_SUBST(SYSROOT, $sysroot) to configure.ac, and add
tests/lib/sysroot.exp to AC_CONFIG_FILES.  Each of your test scripts
(tests/$tool/*.exp) will also have to do "load_lib sysroot.exp" to
pick up the definition of the Tcl variable $sysroot.