Re: How do I configure Makefile.am to run a program?

From: Bernd Jendrissek
Subject: Re: How do I configure Makefile.am to run a program?
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:30:41 +0200

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 7:27 AM, John Calcote <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Thanks, but the problem with this solution is that I would have to
>  > rerun the .configure step each time.  Forgetting to do that is as as
>  > easy as forgetting to edit the spec file.

How do you know that you've committed all your local changes before
typing 'make'?  At my previous job I made that mistake so often that
in the end I resorted to brute force: I added calls to "cvs stat" and
"cvs diff -Nup" to the script that made the release ZIP archives.

>  Don't take this wrong - I totally believe you. But, I'm trying to figure
>  out why this has never been a problem for me.

Maybe it's idiosyncratic and you're immune to this particular act of
forgetfulness?