Re: Dynamic AC_OUPUT

From: Gary Kramlich
Subject: Re: Dynamic AC_OUPUT
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:02:30 -0500

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

<snip>

> You can get depcomp installed with
>   automake --add-missing

Running this manually, still didn't create the file.  But it did
eventually work, see below.

> Put this in configure.ac:
>   m4_include([output_list.m4])
>
> Put something like this before autoreconf into your bootstrap or
> autogen.sh script:
>
>   for file in $list_of_config_files; do
>      echo "AC_CONFIG_FILES([$file])"
>   done  > output_list.m4
>
> automake will add output_list.m4 to the list of configure dependencies,
> i.e., if you update it, autoconf will be rerun automatically.

This has in fact fixed everything.  Thanks by the way.  However, it does
seem a little inadequate since I still need to build the list inside of
configure.ac so that I can AC_SUBST a variable for the dist directories.
 Note that all I've been working on is dist and nothing about the actual
build yet.

However, I think it may make more sense to dump everything into the
output_list.m4 file during the bootstrap and then I don't have to worry
about a second call inside of configure.ac.

> Hope that helps.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

All in all, everything does seem to be working now, which is very cool,
and thanks for the help.

--
Gary Kramlich <address@hidden>