How to install doxygen-generated HTML documentation?

From: Peter Simons
Subject: How to install doxygen-generated HTML documentation?
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 00:45:58 +0200

Hi,

as part of my Automake build, I run doxygen to generate documentation.
That process generates a whole directory of HTML files that I'd like to
distribute and install. The obvious solution, however, doesn't work:

  # ~/doc/Makefile.am

  dist_pkgdata_DATA = html

  all-local:
          $(DOXYGEN)

The 'all-local' target generates the 'html' output directory just fine,
but unfortunately the 'install' procedure won't work because it refuses
to install a _directory_ -- apparently the dist_pkgdata_DATA macro is
supposed to contain files only. The problem is that I have no idea what
files doyxgen might generate, so I cannot list them.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve that problem in Automake 1.10?

Best regards,
Peter