Re: Possible bug in check-local

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Possible bug in check-local
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:07:41 +0200

Hi John,

* John Calcote wrote on Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 09:15:15PM CEST:

> check-local: cstest.exe cstest_script

> cstest.exe: xfcs.dll $(cstest_sources)
>
> cstest_script:
>         echo "#!/bin/sh" > cstest_script
>         echo "mono cstest.exe" >> cstest_script
>         chmod 0755 cstest_script

Hmm.  You interpret check-local differently from how I always did.
Thinking about it, I can see why you do it, and it's consistent with
the other check_* targets.  Your cstest.exe can be put in check_PROGRAMS
and will DTRT then.  You can put cstest_script in all-local.

It would be consistent if the current check-local functionality were
gotten with check-hook, and check-local a prerequisite of check-TESTS.

I'm not sure whether I'm willing to give up backward compatibility in
order to establish consistency, or whether just the documentation should
be more explicit about this exception.

Thanks for the report.