AW: AC_SEARCH_LIB - search path (?)

From: Klett, Stefan
Subject: AW: AC_SEARCH_LIB - search path (?)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:41:49 +0200

Hi Ralf,
 Thanks for your reply - I ve done what you told me - but now the error seems
to shift to the following (in config.log) :

configure:2783: checking for suffix of executables
configure:2790: g++ -o conftest  -I -L conftest.cpp  >&5
configure:2793: $? = 0
configure:2817: result:
configure:2823: checking for suffix of object files
configure:2849: g++ -c  -I conftest.cpp >&5
g++: no input files
configure:2852: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "libgeneva"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "libgeneva"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "0.5.0"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "libgeneva 0.5.0"
| #define PACKAGE "libgeneva"
| #define VERSION "0.5.0"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:2867: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
See `config.log' for more details.

And I don't know what to make out of that. Furthermore the config.log does not
contain any references to "-lgeneva" - I guess the configure script fails
before the library is included (what after all was the purpose to use
AC_SEARCH_LIBS - do you have any idea how to  proceed from here.

Many thanks in advance
Stefan
Stefan Klett (Dipl. Informatiker)  | E-mail: address@hidden
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe / KIT  | Web: http://www.fzk.de
SCC Steinbuch Centre for Computing| Phone:  +49 (0)7247 828649
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1      | Fax:    +49 (0)7247 824972
D-76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen   | Mobile: +49 (0)176 20317250