Re: Python and Automake

From: Vikram Ambrose
Subject: Re: Python and Automake
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:35:00 -0400

Patrick Moore wrote:
Hi All,

I've been trawling the docs through this to no avail and was hoping someone
here may be able to point me in the right direction

Here's what I'm ultimately trying to achieve:

Bytecompile a python file, and place it in ${prefix}/lib, removing the
python extension.

Currently I have:

nodist_Foo_PYTHON = foo.py
Foodir = ${prefix}/lib

and I'm ending up with foo.py, foo.pyc and foo.pyo in ${prefix}/lib,  as
opposed to ending up with simply a ${prefix}/lib/foo.  Í've attempted to
set PYCFILES to empty, but this doesn't make a ounce of difference

Is there a way to achieve my goal, or failing that, solely a foo.pyc file
in ${prefix}/lib ?

Thanks in advance,

paddy

Not sure if i understood correctly, but you basically want "base" folder in Foodir?

When installing into libpython for example, one uses pkgpython_PYTHON, perhaps try, nodist_pkgFoo_PYTHON and see if that works

Vikram.