Re: Python and Automake

From: Patrick Moore
Subject: Re: Python and Automake
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:00:39 +0100

* On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 09:35:00AM -0400, Vikram Ambrose said:
> >set PYCFILES to empty, but this doesn't make a ounce of difference
> >
> >Is there a way to achieve my goal, or failing that, solely a foo.pyc file
> >in ${prefix}/lib ?
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >
> >paddy
> >

> Not sure if i understood correctly, but you basically want "base" folder
> in Foodir?

I think so.

I'll reitterate, just in case. :) for a given foo.py, I'd like it byte
compiled as a .pyc file, and placed in the ${prefix}/lib directory, without
copying the source across.

> When installing into libpython for example, one uses pkgpython_PYTHON,
> perhaps try, nodist_pkgFoo_PYTHON and see if that works

No luck sadly, it was the same result as before.

But thanks for the suggestion!

p.

--
  \ \\ \        "My yellow in this case is not so mellow"         / // /