Re: Python and Automake

From: Vikram Ambrose
Subject: Re: Python and Automake
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:22:41 -0400

Patrick Moore wrote:
* On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 09:35:00AM -0400, Vikram Ambrose said:
set PYCFILES to empty, but this doesn't make a ounce of difference

Is there a way to achieve my goal, or failing that, solely a foo.pyc file
in ${prefix}/lib ?

Thanks in advance,

paddy

Not sure if i understood correctly, but you basically want "base" folder in Foodir?

I think so.
I'll reitterate, just in case. :) for a given foo.py, I'd like it byte
compiled as a .pyc file, and placed in the ${prefix}/lib directory, without
copying the source across.

When installing into libpython for example, one uses pkgpython_PYTHON, perhaps try, nodist_pkgFoo_PYTHON and see if that works

No luck sadly, it was the same result as before.

But thanks for the suggestion!

p.

Oh so you _only_ want the byte compiled file installed?

Then I suppose you could use a post install rule or an install-exec-local and delete the uneeded file. Otherwise I don't know how you would stop the source from being copied. Doesn't python always look for the source file first? and then compile the .pyc when you run it?

Vikram