include directory structure

From: Monty Taylor
Subject: include directory structure
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:50:04 -0700

Hey all,

I read through the docs and I think there may be no good way to do
this... but I thought I'd ask.

I've got this:

drizzle/
  mystrings/
    foo.h
  mysys/
    bar.h
  libdrizzle/
    libdrizzle.h
  drizzled/
    global.h
    plugin.h

In each dir are header files. The total include path is -I${top_srcdir}
-I${top_builddir}, so that if something in mysys wants to refernce
global.h in drizzled, it does it with #include <drizzled/global.h>

The intent is that these will be installed:

${includedir}/   # maybe ${pkgincludedir}/
  mystrings/
    foo.h
  mysys/
    bar.h
  libdrizzle/
    libdrizzle.h
  drizzled/
    global.h
    plugin.h

As far as I can tell, the only way to achieve that would be to place all
of the headers in nobase_include_HEADERS in the root Makefile.am, or to
try to jimmy with the value of ${includedir} in each subdir Makefile.am...

Am I right, or am I missing something...

Monty