Re: Nesting and final linking ?

From: nickthefarrow
Subject: Re: Nesting and final linking ?
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 01:17:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Thanks Ralf, this worked brilliantly.

But now for some reason is broken and would welcome someone who has had more
experience than me. The main issue is that I have redone the build sequence
several times and I really cant work out what is wrong. I have
re-autoscanned/automake..././configured and stripped it back to a single
component to include, it gives the error as

-------------------
Making all in .
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/nick/libwhite'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `src/common/libcommon.la', needed by
`libwhite.la'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/nick/libwhite'
-------------------------

if I go into src/common and hit make it builds fine and if I then go back to
the top level and make again, it does produce the final lib. So the
component build is fine and so is the remaining top level build.

my top level makefile.am is
----------------------------------
SUBDIRS = . ./src/common/

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libwhite.la
libwhite_la_SOURCES =

## yes, the previous line can be empty
libwhite_la_LIBADD = src/common/libcommon.la

And my configure.in has lines of

AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS([src/common])
AC_OUTPUT(Makefile src/common/Makefile)

Have you any ideas of what I can do to find out where the rule is that links
the .la file to the  component make file?

Regards

nick