Re: Configure substitutions are not allowed in _SOURCES variables

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Configure substitutions are not allowed in _SOURCES variables
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 18:46:45 +0200

Hello Roberto,

* Roberto Bagnara wrote on Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:55:25PM CEST:

[ ... lots of sources, conditional and all ... ]

> Using the solution outlined in the Automake manual
> (i.e., using conditionals) would cause us to write enormous
> Makefile.am files which would be a maintenance nightmare.
> That is, now everything is automated; if we use a long
> chain of conditionals we would have to maintain consistency
> by hand.

Are you saying that you generate Makefile.am (or an include snippet
for it) automatically?  If not, why not, if yes, what is the problem
with maintaining consistency with a script?  Ideally, you generate
both the files and the makefile.am snippet from the same script.

Do you already do the splitup in CVS?  I cannot see it there
(I just got HEAD from :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/ppl).