Problems with conditional sources

From: David Sveningsson
Subject: Problems with conditional sources
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:46:56 +0200

Hi, I am having some problems with conditional sources. This is what I have in Makefile.am:

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libfoo.la
libfoo_la_SOURCES = foo.cpp
if WANT_BAR
        libfoo_la_SOURCES += a.cpp
else
        libfoo_la_SOURCES += b.cpp
endif

AM_CPPFLAGS = -I${top_srcdir}/include
libfoo_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info 0:0:0

I have been reading both autoconf and automake manuals and as far as I can see the above should work. However the files (a.cpp or b.cpp) is always added at the bottom of the generated Makefile and are therefore not used in the compilation. No matter what I try I cannot get even the above code to generate a correct makefile but obviously I am doing something wrong.
--

//*David Sveningsson [eXt]*

Freelance coder | Game Development Student
http://sidvind.com

Thou shalt make thy program's purpose and structure clear to thy fellow man by using the One True Brace Style, even if thou likest it not, for thy creativity is better used in solving problems than in creating beautiful new impediments to understanding.