Re: Issue with static linking?

From: Matej Tyc
Subject: Re: Issue with static linking?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 22:03:57 +0200

Hello,
I think that you should supply more information. Where are those
functions supposed to be defined?

> ./.libs/libmxresolv.a(mxresolver.o): In function `mx_lookup':
> undefined reference to `__ns_initparse'
> undefined reference to `__ns_parserr'
> undefined reference to `__ns_name_uncompress'

Also make sure that they are not enclosed in something like #ifdef
USE_FOO ... #endif blocks you don't know about (sometimes you have to
define some preprocessor symbols during compilation)
Hope it helps,
Matěj