Re: Questions on exporting functions from a shared library

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Questions on exporting functions from a shared library
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 20:54:24 +0200

Hello Jef,

* Jef Driesen wrote on Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 08:44:47PM CEST:
> Brian Dessent wrote:
>> There are two aspects to the symbol visibility stuff:
[ snip nice explanation ]

> Now that I start to understand all the differences, I only need to find
> a way how to incorporate everything nicely in my automake build system.
> Suggestions? I guess I'm not the first one struggling with this, so I'm
> surprised there is not more information available. Most projects (at
> least the ones I checked) seems to be using -export-symbols.

Well, as you don't seem to say exactly what you need: you can
- add -export-symbols* to libfoo_la_LDFLAGS, or
- add visibility annotations right to your source files
  (preferably through a #define so you can factor for different
  spellings).

You can get better help if you describe more precisely what you already
tried, and more importantly, which way you decided to go now.