Re: Conditional Makefile Fragment

From: Tom Browder
Subject: Re: Conditional Makefile Fragment
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 06:28:06 -0500

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 5:31 AM, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Tom,
..
> * Tom Browder wrote on Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 02:29:02AM CEST:
>> In my Makefile.am I would like to do something like this:
> Well, if ENABLE_PDF is false, the other branch will be commented out.
> You can also use
>  if !ENABLE_PDF
>  this is used if ENABLE_PDF is not true
>  endif

Hi, Ralf.

> Does that answer your question?

Well, that's the behavior I observed.  I was hoping that I could get
nicer output by not even printing the false branch.

But I read myself to sleep last nigh reaing the Autoconf manual and I
think I see how to include one or another Makefile fragments based on
a test.

I'll write back if I can't get that to work.

Thank you.

-Tom