Re: cyclic dependancy

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: cyclic dependancy
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:11:02 +0200

Hello Neel,

* Neel Basu wrote on Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 08:33:20AM CEST:
> <pre>
> cgixx
>       |-- cgi++        .---> libcgixx.la   <----.
>       |   `-- jsutil     |-->  libcgixx-js.la ------'
>       '-- src     ------'
> </pre>
>
> libcgixx is the independant one and doesn't need any other libs to be
> compiled but libcgixx-js requirs libcgixx for compilation. But the
> codes written in src directory requires both of them.

> Its not possible to make jsutil on the top level.

> libcgixx-jsutil will be a static librery which will be linked with
> libcgixx.la and libcgixx.la/so will be a dynamically loadable librery.
> But libcgixx-jsutil have dependancy for libcgixx.

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  I don't see a cycle anywhere.
In cgixx/Makefile.am, you use
  SUBDIRS = src cgi++

and in src/Makefile.am, you use
  lib_LTLIBRARIES = libcgixx.la
  pkglib_LTLIBRARIES = libcgixx-js.la
  libcgixx_js_la_LDFLAGS = -module -avoid-version
  libcgixx_js_la_LIBADD = libcgixx.la

and in cgi++/jsutil/Makefile.am, you use
  lib_LTLIBRARIES = libcgixx-jsutil.la
  libcgixx_jsutil_la_LDFLAGS = -static
  libcgixx_jsutil_la_LIBADD = ../../src/libcgixx.la

Problem solved?  If not, then please post some build error output.