Re: Handling of Makefile variables

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Handling of Makefile variables
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 22:06:34 +0100

Hello,

* LCID Fire wrote on Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 10:36:30AM CET:
> To be more clear:
>
> I have a root directory with a Makefile.am recursing by:
> SUBDIRS = . ui
>
> The corresponding configure.ac contains:
> AC_SUBST(CORE_SRC, test_call.c test4u.c blubz.c)

Ah, yes, a problem.  *_SOURCES are special, in that automake
unfortunately needs to know their contents literally.  This is needed
for the dependency tracking code which needs to extract the set of
source files at config.status time; an unfortunate implementation
limitation.

You can put
  CORE_SRC = test_call.c test4u.c blubz.c

in a fragment file, and include that from all other Makefile.am files.

Hope that helps.