Using nonstandard (static) lib name

From: Jan Engelhardt
Subject: Using nonstandard (static) lib name
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 20:33:26 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

for shared libraries, it is possible to use
        myshared_so_LDFLAGS = -module
to tell automake not to warn about the missing "lib" prefix.
For static libraries however, something like that does not
work since there is no ld involved, and automake warns
about the missing lib prefix. Is there a flag I can use to
silence the warning anyway? I am only going to use the library
within the project itself anyway (noinst_LIBRARIES).