Re: problem with make distcheck

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: problem with make distcheck
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:14:36 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
for a new project with autotools I'm using libraries not in standard directories; at configure time I pass the right arguments, but when I run

make distchek

it all fails: how can I pass arguments in this case?

Supply any needed arguments via DISTCHECK_CONFIG_FLAGS. For example, this is how I pass user-supplied "environment" variables to the configures that distcheck runs:

for var in CC CFLAGS  CPPFLAGS CXX CXXCPP LDFLAGS LIBS ; do
  eval isset=\${$var+set}
  if test "$isset" = 'set' ; then
    eval val=$`echo $var`
    DISTCHECK_CONFIG_FLAGS="${DISTCHECK_CONFIG_FLAGS}'${var}=${val}' "
  fi
done
AC_SUBST(DISTCHECK_CONFIG_FLAGS)

Bob