Re: incremental make install

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: incremental make install
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:05:03 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Bob Rossi wrote:

It doesn't take very long for you perhaps. On my mingw configuration it
takes very long. Perhaps 1-2 minutes. The executables tend to get very
very large with debug enabled and the copy is slow.

I feel your pain. :-)

Perhaps the solution is to use an 'install' program which only copies files if they have changed. Rsync is an example of a program which can do this. I suspect that the end-user is able to specify the install program which should be used.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn