Re: summarize misbehaving tests

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: summarize misbehaving tests
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:13:27 +0100

Hi William,

* William Pursell wrote on Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 08:02:58AM CET:
> I've written a simple patch that lists the tests that
> misbehaved (failed or unexpectedly passed), one
> per line, in the banner.

>Do you think it would be
> appropriate to make that functionality a run time
> environment option, an automake option (like color-tests),
> or just leave it in for all invocations of make check?
> (or do you think it's a bad idea?)

Well, I dearly hope to get to the parallel-tests patches before too
long, and finishe their issues and push them.  They will (at least when
the corresponding automake option is used then) make for somewhat
different (and better IMHO) output (see discussion on automake-patches a
while ago).  But that doesn't mean you shouldn't show your patch, having
more choices can only help.

Thanks,