Re: Troubles with conditional adding files to library

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Troubles with conditional adding files to library
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 07:52:33 -0700

"Gerald I. Evenden" <address@hidden> writes:

> Then I ran autoconfig followed by "autoconfig -vfi" and got messages:
> configure.ac:34: required file `src/malloc.c' not found
> configure.ac:34: required file `src/strtod.c' not found
> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
>
> I commented out AC_FUNC_MALLOC/STRTOD and then everything went to completion.
>
> Any suggestions.

AC_FUNC_MALLOC and AC_FUNC_STRTOD are indended to be used with replacement
implementations for those functions (usually from gnulib).  If you're not
providing replacements, they're not very useful.  I think autoscan will
suggest using them if you ever use either of those functions, but you may
or may not need the portability there.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>