Dealing with .asm files

From: Robert Homann
Subject: Dealing with .asm files
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:21:42 +0200 (MEST)

Hi!

Recently, I worked on a not-yet-autoconfiscated project that contains
files with .asm extensions. These files should be treated just like .s
files by Automake, but Automake doesn't know the .asm extension, urging me
to duplicate the rules for .s files in this project (the maintainer would
like to keep the file names as they are).

Duplicating rules seemed all wrong to me, so I tried adding '.asm' right
after '.s' to the corresponding register_language() call in automake
instead, and it just worked then.

Now, would it hurt to add this extension to regular Automake?

Best regards,
Robert Homann