Re: silent build rules

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: silent build rules
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 22:17:32 +0200

Hello John,

can we try *not* to add more mailing lists, and limit on-topic replies
to the libtool lists?  For others, please just start a new thread on the
list that seems the most appropriate; thanks!

* John Calcote wrote on Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 10:08:33PM CEST:

> Is there any command-line option for configure and/or make that will
> keep libtool from hiding half the compiles? (Odd that I, of all people,
> should ask for this, since I was one of the original proponents of
> silent builds!)

$ libtool --mode=compile --help

documents
  -no-suppress      do not suppress compiler output for multiple passes

which can then be added to CFLAGS (but not LIBTOOLFLAGS).
If that is not simple enough for good use, then I guess we can add this
to the global libtool options too (thus making it eligible for
LIBTOOLFLAGS).