Re: Automake 1.10b test release

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Automake 1.10b test release
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:48:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
Ok so I was a bit too hasty here. Explicitly supplying V=0 to make
'solved' that. But I would like to have an option or some kind so that
V=1 can be made default without having to pass --enable-silent-rules to
configure.. (Conversely, a user can still override my choice of V=1 by
always upplying --disable-silent-rules)

This would result in automake-based packages behaving inconsistently.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn