Re: Dependencies for texinfo

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Dependencies for texinfo
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 19:52:28 +0200

Hello John,

thanks for the report.

* John Darrington wrote on Fri, May 01, 2009 at 01:58:30AM CEST:
>  Sometimes an info file actually depends on more than one .texi
>  file. For instance, in GNU Hello, hello.texi includes the file
>  gpl.texi. You can tell Automake about these dependencies using the
>  texi_TEXINFOS variable. Here is how GNU Hello does it:

> But unfortunately it doesn't appear to work as described, at least not
> in the general case.

Hmm, can you post a link to the sources or a small example package that
exhibits this?  Also, which Automake version do you use?

Asking because I think the tests/txinfo23.test in the Automake sources
shows that this should be working.

> and in doc/not-implemented.texi there is the line @include doc/ni.texi
> Similarly in doc/tutorial.texi there is @include doc/tut.texi

This is not about '@include doc/ni.texi' vs. '@include ni.texi', right?