Re: Automake on Mac

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Automake on Mac
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 23:33:39 +0200

Hi Satyam,

* Satyam Satyanarayana wrote on Tue, May 19, 2009 at 01:34:55PM CEST:
> I am using AutoMake provided along with XCode IDE on Mac.
> My Mac OSX version is 10.5.6 and my automake version is 1.10

1.11 has just been released.  Try it out!  :-)

> I am previously having older version of Automake version 1.6.3
>
> When I am having older version, I am able to compile and build my
> project (www.ifolder.com) successfully.
> But after updating to latest version, I am facing trouble with dylib
> files not being copied to executable folder.
>
> Can some body tell where can I find the coparision of 1.6.3 and 1.10
> versions so that I can figure out what's exactly the problem is?

You can look at the list of changes documented in the NEWS file.
But they are quite long; it may be easier to post the Makefile.am files
you are having problems with.  (We may also need to see parts of
configure.ac.)  Or is it that XCode creates them for you?