Re: The New parallel-tests Framework (was: Various testsuites)

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: The New parallel-tests Framework (was: Various testsuites)
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 17:54:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 21 May 2009, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

6. Dependencies between Tests
=============================

If there are dependencies between your tests, e.g., foo.test needs to be
run before baz.chk can be run, then, with TEST_EXTENSIONS set as above,
you can now go ahead and specify them as dependency relations between
the corresponding log files:

 baz.log: foo.log

This is not working for me. It seems like there is a missing dependency or logical race-condition somewhere. I added this to try to force the utilities/tests/montage.sh tests to run after a set of other tests:

utilities/tests/montage.sh.log : \
        utilities/tests/addnoise.sh.log \
        utilities/tests/affine.sh.log \
        utilities/tests/annotate.sh.log \

% gmake check
.
.
.
/bin/bash: line 4: utilities/tests/montage.sh.log: No such file or directory
/bin/bash: line 52: utilities/tests/montage.sh.log: No such file or directory
=====================
1 of 773 tests failed
See ./test-suite.log

% gmake utilities/tests/montage.sh.log
gmake: Nothing to be done for `utilities/tests/montage.sh.log'.
% ls -l utilities/tests/montage.sh.log
utilities/tests/montage.sh.log: No such file or directory

Ideas?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn