Re: invoke pkg-config with --static

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: invoke pkg-config with --static
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 18:18:37 +0200

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
* Lorenzo Bettini wrote on Fri, May 22, 2009 at 03:48:49PM CEST:
No I meant: if additional libraries are shown when building with shared library enable, this should do no harm, shouldn't it?

In such case, one could simply not use .Private specification in .pc file.

D'oh.  Yes, I guess you're right, and I'm just too darn good at
misparsing your replies repeatedly.  Sorry about that.

no problem, it might be due to my English :-)

Of course, as soon as you propose your software for packaging at
debian.org, they will count not using .Private as bug ... ;-)

uh!  Good to know that!  Thanks :-)

cheers
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net