Re: using C# in automake

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: using C# in automake
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 23:46:16 +0200

* Bob Friesenhahn wrote on Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:07:00AM CEST:
> I think that one of the points of C# is not to have "real .so files". C#
> and .net's JIT linkage and compilation seem to go hand in hand.  C#
> should produce something similar to .net assemblies.  These are rather
> similar to "real .so files" except that they require a special VM to
> load them.

Whatever the semantics: autotools don't provide support for them out of
the box yet.  We're certainly open to adding it, and to patches if
somebody wants to work on it, but anyway we definitely need detailed
description of the build semantics for these files, including ideally
examples, and pointers to documentation.  So far, I hardly know the C#
language at all.

Thanks,