subdirs that should not be configured

From: Nicolas Bock
Subject: subdirs that should not be configured
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:13:38 -0600

Hello list,

I have the following problem: I want to add an external package to our
own package. The external package is already configured in the sense
that its maintainer ran "make dist" and I simply untared the tar file
into some directory underneath our source tree. I add that directory to
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS in our main configure.ac and to SUBDIRS in our main
Makefile.am so that when I run our configure script I will also run the
configure script of the source package. The problem I have now is that
when I run autoreconf it descends into the external package and tries to
remake the configure script in there. How can I avoid that from
happening?

Thanks already, nick