Re: docdir with "packages" directory

From: Andrew W. Nosenko
Subject: Re: docdir with "packages" directory
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 02:42:55 +0300

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 20:52, John Calcote<address@hidden> wrote:
> 2) Is there any movement within the Automake community to move toward the
> LSB directory structure as the default?

Excuse me, but why automake should prefer one of the many OS and,
therefore, one of the many FS layouts over other (except automake's
own POV) ?

Please understand, LSB-based FS layout is non-common (the same as LSB
itself) even in the Linux world.  Why do you expect that LSB will be
followed somewhere outside?  (Please, remember that Automake works in
more environments that just a Linux, even in all Linux flavors and
distros).

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <address@hidden>