Re: Integration of git-based release workflow into "make dist"

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Integration of git-based release workflow into "make dist"
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 14:56:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009, Roger Leigh wrote:

I hadn't come across this before; I didn't realise it had Makefile.am
fragments as well.  That's perfectly OK by me.

How does one extract these bits into a project's Makefile.am
automatically?  Or is it just a matter of copying and pasting the
needed bits?

Automake supports a simple include syntax so you could add a single line in each top Makefile.am to include your extension. For example:

  include /usr/local/share/debian/automake/dist/dist-git.am

    or

  include dist-git.am

I have not verified if referencing a file outside of the source tree really works properly.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn