Re: Only compiling objects, without creating a library

From: Martin Kalbfuß
Subject: Re: Only compiling objects, without creating a library
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:15:23 +0200

I would like to. But I'm not sure where I should start. While there are
a lot of descriptions how to use the autotools with supported languages,
I haven't found much about extending them. Could you give me some links?
That would be helpfull. I had problems understanding the m4 macros while
I had a look at them.
GNU Modula-2 Compiler isn't that different from gcc. It supports most of
It's options(maybe all?). The biggest difference I found so far is the
option -fmakeall which creates a simple Makefile internally. And is
needed if you want to do the compilation and linking step in one go. So
most stuff should be already there.