Re: Creating a partial library

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: Creating a partial library
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 19:24:05 -0700

Hi Ralf,

On 2/6/2010 9:32 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Hello,

to round up a couple of minor bits here:

* John Calcote wrote on Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 05:57:49PM CET:
The trouble with LIBRARIES is that it only builds non-PIC static
libraries, which can't be linked into a libtool shared library. My
example has a couple of minor flaws that I realized last night after
sending it, including the missing uninstall-local rule:

install-exec-local:
         libtool --mode=install ./install-sh -c libhello.a
$(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/libhello.a

uninstall-local:
        rm -f $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/libhello.a
If you are using Automake (and on this list, I guess that's pretty much
given), then please use the variables to pick up the in-tree libtool
script as well as the usual flag variables for the makefile.am author
and the user:

Thanks for cleaning it up for me. And the tip about adding custom rules as dependencies of the standard rule is priceless.

:)

John