Re: How to handle data/script files in a VPATH build ?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: How to handle data/script files in a VPATH build ?
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 21:01:48 +0100

Hi Sylvestre,

* Sylvestre Ledru wrote on Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 07:00:51PM CET:
> Le samedi 06 février 2010 à 18:56 +0100, Ralf Wildenhues a écrit :
> >
> > data-in-build-tree: data-in-source-tree
> >         cp $(srcdir)/data-in-source-tree data-in-build-tree
> Hmm, I have more than 7000 data files and their names are relevant :/
> (Like in java with the name of the object which matches the filename)
>
> It is going to be tricky to handle on such number of files ...

Well, since they are all in the source tree, I guess that they are all
not generated files, or at least most of them aren't.  Can you just make
one rule to copy them all, or many of them?

stamp-copy: whatever-this-depends-on
        cp $(filelist) ...
        for file in ..; do cp ... done
        : >$@

all-local: stamp-copy
CLEANFILES += stamp-copy $(copied_files) ...