Re: advice for pre-generating documentation

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: advice for pre-generating documentation
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:28:26 -0500

On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 12:59 +0100, Stefano Lattarini wrote:
> At Friday 12 February 2010, Braden McDaniel <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > Actually, EXTRA_DIST can pull in a whole subdirectory.
> Thank you for the information, I didn't know that (or I forgot it).  I
> guess It's time for me to re-read the Automake documentation.
> > Wildcards work there as well.
> Mmhhh... technically, you are right on this point too (as can be seen
> by reading any Automake-generated makefile), but I couldn't find
> anything about this "feature" in the manual...  Are you sure that
> wildcards in EXTRA_DIST are supported "by design" rather than as
> a side-effect of implementation details? In the last case, it could be
> a bad idea to exploit that "feature".

I have no idea.  It's worked that way for a long time.

While in general I agree with the Automake philosophy regarding
wildcards, Doxygen integration is one place where they make a whole lot
of sense.  I hope the Automake maintainers don't decide to break this.

But if they do, we still have dist-hook.

--
Braden McDaniel <address@hidden>