Using automake for websites?

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: Using automake for websites?
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:59:03 +0000

Hi,

I have a small website that currently gets "made" by a bunch
of shell scripts and a small Makefile that transform XML
sources with XSLT to HTML, build thumbnails for images, up-
date RSS feeds for foreign content and push git repositories
that are published verbatim read-only.

  I want to tidy up the whole thing eventually and aside
from dozens of web publishing frameworks, "pure" automake
came to mind. Has anyone ever tried to do something similar
or can point to examples on the web?

TIA,
Tim