Re: Sun compiler and /usr/local/include

From: Charles Brown
Subject: Re: Sun compiler and /usr/local/include
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 15:37:00 -0500

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Hello Charles,

* Charles Brown wrote on Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 08:25:53PM CET:
 > Very new to automake,

Well, welcome then!

thank you.

Well if you need the flag at configure time, add it to CPPFLAGS, either
by the user as above, or by you in configure.ac.  But I would reserve
this to the user; she might have a broken version of the headers you're
looking for there.

what does that look like in configure.ac?

CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include'

CPPFLAGS='$CPPFLAGS -I/usr/local/include'

CPPFLAGS='$(CPPFLAGS) -I/usr/local/include'

If the user specifies additional CPPFLAGS, mine should augment theirs, not replace them, so one of the latter two?

The first gives flags that look like this;

-I. -I.. PPFLAGS -I/usr/local/include'

the latter gives an error;

recursive variable CPPFLAGS

 > -
 > This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
 > information that is company confidential or privileged.  Any
[...]

Such message footers are frowned upon on public lists, and easily
avoided by using non-work email accounts if need be.

Apologies, but external email is thoroughly prevented, and the server adds the footer.

-
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is company confidential or privileged. Any technical data in this message may be exported only in accordance with the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR Parts 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR Parts 730-774). Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. If you have received this email in error, please delete it, and advise the sender immediately. -