Re: Sun compiler and /usr/local/include

From: Dave Hart
Subject: Re: Sun compiler and /usr/local/include
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 21:27:47 +0000

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 21:13 UTC, Charles Brown wrote:
> If the file is; /usr/local/include/package/header.h
> and source is;  #include <package/header.h>
> what goes in configure.ac?
>
> AC_CHECK_HEADER([package/header.h]) just says 'no'.

AC_CHECK_HEADER and AC_CHECK_HEADERS aren't designed for this
situation -- they are used when you simply need to know if it's
available so you can #ifdef HAVE_PACKAGE_HEADER_H.  You want to ensure
they're available by modifying some *CPPFLAGS variable if
package/header.h is not found with the default includes.

You will probably find bliss down the road of AC_COMPILE_IFELSE in a
loop that tries first with no additional -I, then with each of a list
of possible include directories, and adds the resulting -I directive
to a *CPPFLAGS variable while still respecting any user CPPFLAGS.

Cheers,
Dave Hart