Re: dynamic include in Makefile.am

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: dynamic include in Makefile.am
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 12:23:37 +0200

* Tim Just wrote on Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 12:07:08PM CEST:
> The automake include works are functioning for me. The only drawback is
> the requirement to have automake installed in order to build the project
> - but that is ok :)

automake should not be required at build time, except for ...

> We want to offer the possibility to add modules without changing the
> build system (i.e. edit configure.ac or Makefile.am). Therefore each
> module developer has to build his 'own' Makefile.am in the modules
> subdirectory.

... this, yes.  I don't know how to achieve that without changing the
build system.

You can look at OpenMPI for a fairly complex package which uses a
similar setup (but of course, requires running ./autogen.sh after
adding modules).

Hope that helps.