Re: Teaching automake about dll defs

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Teaching automake about dll defs
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:15:16 +0200

Hello,

* NightStrike wrote on Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 05:09:04PM CEST:

> >> Addendum:  A big benefit for me (other than many other things) is that
> >> it lets automake handle figuring out dependencies.  In my example,
> >> libx.a doesn't depend on x.def, and I don't know how to make it do so.
> >>

> > Ping
> >

> x2

>From me, the answer is no.  There are lots of other things that are more
important to a presumably larger user base, that are more portably
usable in principle, and IIUC you can easily work around the current
limitation.

If somebody else codes it, I might consider it, but even then it'd be
strictly lower priority than basically all other pending stuff I know
of, both with and without patches.

Sorry,