Re: Problem with parallel builds

From: Roberto Bagnara
Subject: Re: Problem with parallel builds
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:32:28 +0200

On 04/19/2010 07:08 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Generated include headers need to be listed in BUILT_SOURCES so when
building for the first time, they are created early.  You know that,
and in most cases, ppl.hh ends up there correctly, but it doesn't when
the Automake conditional BUILD_CXX_INTERFACE is FALSE, because then,
ppl.hh is listed in noinst_HEADERS but not in include_HEADERS.

The patch below fixes that.

You should be able to reproduce the issue with the configure option
cited in the mantis entry.

Hi Ralf, thanks a lot for your help.  Indeed I am regularly bitten
by my involuntary omissions in BUILT_SOURCES.  As for the reason I was
unable to reproduce the problem, it basically boils down to not
getting enough rest.  Embarrassing...  sorry for bothering you
and the mailing list about this.
Many thanks again,

   Roberto

--