cross-compiling but keeping one target native

From: Natalie Tasman
Subject: cross-compiling but keeping one target native
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 15:53:29 -0700

I'm working on a build system with autotools.  I'd like to cross-compile,
building a mingw/windows executable from linux.  So far, my system works
well with the --host option (and appropriate cross tools installed, from the
mingw-cross-env project.)

I have one target which is actually a utility used during *build* time.  Is
it possible to specify one target which should *not* be built with the
cross-compiler, but natively instead?

(I'm new to the list; please let me know if this is more appropriate on the
autoconf list).

Thanks,

Natalie