Re: performing pre-build shell commands with automake

From: Wesley Smith
Subject: Re: performing pre-build shell commands with automake
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:14:59 +0200

>> consumer.o: resource.qt

How does one do this kind of thing when the source file is specified
in a subfolder?
INCLUDES = -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -I/usr/include/cairo
-I/usr/include/directfb -I/usr/include/freetype2

lib_LTLIBRARIES = cairo.la
cairo_la_LDFLAGS = -module -avoid-version
cairo_la_LIBADD = -llua5.1 -L/usr/lib -lcairo -L/usr/lib -ldirectfb
-L/usr/lib -lfreetype -L/usr/lib
cairo_la_SOURCES = src/lcairo.c

resource.qt:
        touch TESTING

lcairo.o: resource.qt

lcairo.o never gets triggered here.  If I explicitly do make lcairo.o
then it will get triggered, but I'm not sure from scanning the
Makefile and Makefile.in how it would get implicitly triggered.

wes