Re: performing pre-build shell commands with automake

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: performing pre-build shell commands with automake
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 14:44:09 -0600

On 6/20/2010 2:34 PM, Wesley Smith wrote:
> I also tried using lcairo.lo, which triggered the preliminary shell
> commands but barfed because the commands didn't generate lcairo.lo.
> hmm..  Is there a way to print out what rules were invoked during a
> make invocation?

You do want the actual object (.o on most platforms) file - the .lo file
is a text file containing libtool meta-information text about the
object. There are some make debugging aids involving dumping the rule
database, but you'll have better luck by carefully analyzing the output
lines during a build - they'll tell you what object files are being
generated from your sources and where they're being put.

John