Re: custom install paths

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: custom install paths
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:18:43 +0200

At Tuesday 20 July 2010, Wesley Smith wrote:
> > luadir = $(LUA_DIR)
> > lua_LTLIBRARIES = cairo.la
>
> ok, one more thing.  I understand what's going on with the above
> code with *dir matching *_LTLIBRARIES, but before you posted that
> code, I had not idea that such things were possible.  In other
> words, I thought lib_LTLIBRARIES was a single variable name, not a
> name broken up in to parts that are associated with other data by
> what names their parts have.
>
> Trying to find some documentation about this, it seems to be
> scattered throughout the manual.  I see _LTLIBRARIES in the
> General Index B, but nothing about dir.  Any pointers in the docs
> where I can read more about how these variables are associated
> with each other?
Maybe these can help (please read them in the order given here):
 <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Uniform.html>
 <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/A-Library.html>
 <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/A-Shared-Library.html>
 <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Libtool-Libraries.html>