Re: Dependency problem (with win32 resource file and generated header)

From: Jef Driesen
Subject: Re: Dependency problem (with win32 resource file and generated header)
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 18:02:04 +0100

On 05/01/11 07:38, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Hello Jef,

* Jef Driesen wrote on Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 09:54:15PM CET:
In a project of mine, I generate a header file which contains the
GIT commit sha1. It's generated using these rules:

This works very well, but I also have a windows resource file to
include a version resource in the dll. I build the resource file
with libtool using these rules.

libdivecomputer_la_SOURCES += libdivecomputer.rc

.rc.lo:
        $(AM_V_GEN) $(LIBTOOL) --silent --tag=RC --mode=compile $(RC) $<  -o $@

The libdivecomputer.rc file is generated from a
libdivecomputer.rc.in from configure.ac, and it also includes the
revision.h file for the GIT commit.

This also works well, except that resource file doesn't get
recompiled when the revision.h file is changed. How can I fix this?

Add the line

libdivecomputer.lo: revision.h

as your RC compiler statement doesn't do automatic dependency tracking.

This works perfectly. Thanks!