Re: Any way to get rid of -MP parameter to gcc for dependency creation?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Any way to get rid of -MP parameter to gcc for dependency creation?
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 08:43:13 +0100

* Xan Lopez wrote on Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 09:11:37PM CET:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > Thanks for the data.  This is a bug in GNU make.  I'm working on a fix.
>
> Hum, which part is the bug exactly?

Sorry about the vague reference.  I also need to retract that statement,
unfortunately.  I made up some artificial makefiles roughly the size of
what you're dealing with, and they are showing some scalability issues
in GNU make.  However, these very issues do not actually seem to show up
in the webkit tree.  (I still intend to fix them or at least report them
upstream later.)

You mentioned you have a sysprof profile, can you show it?
My old laptop is really not in for webkit itself, and I don't have root
on the other systems I'm testing on currently.

Thanks,